these terms and conditions apply to all visitors, guests, and users of the green solutions wide bay facility.
General Conditions of Entry
- By entering the Facility, a person consents to these General Conditions of Entry.
- Facility access is permitted only to persons complying with these General Conditions of Entry. We may refuse entry to any person or persons who do not comply with these General Conditions of Entry.
- All persons access the Facility and surrounding areas at their own risk. The owners of the Facility, their employees and agents accept no liability for any damage or injury occurring at the Facility.
- Consumption of alcohol, smoking or using e-cigarettes is not permitted inside the Facility. Persons who do not comply will be advised to leave the Facility.
- Any persons who are drug affected or carrying illegal substances will not be permitted into the Facility or will be asked to leave at our discretion.
- Any persons attending the Facility are responsible for their own personal safety, personal items, vehicles, and trailers. We will not be liable for any damage sustained to any person or their property.
- Animals are not permitted inside the Facility at any time with the exception of Assistance Animals with valid identification.
- Any person under the age of 18 must not exit their vehicle.
- All persons must wear appropriate attire and covered footwear at all times.
- All persons entering the Facility must comply with all lawful demands, directions and requests given by any of our employees and must obey all signage.
- All vehicles must observe and obey the speed limits, presently 10 km per hour.
- All loads must be covered and secured until ready to be unloaded.
- Lighting of fires, unlawful entry or scavenging is prohibited.
- We use camera surveillance and number plate recognition cameras for quality control and exclusion of persons who do not comply with these rules.
- We accept GREEN WASTE ONLY. This means:
- Grass clippings
- Weeds, plants, shrubs, and vines with no plant pots attached
- Tree and bush pruning
- Palm fronds
- Dead trees or part trees cut into 2-meter lengths
- Palm trees cut into 2-meter lengths
- Roots with no soil attached.
16. We DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Copper Chrome Arsenate (CCA) treated timber
- Electronic materials (E waste)
- Construction waste
- General waste
- Medium Density Fiber Board (MDF)
- Demolition waste
- All synthetic materials
- Food waste
Should any of these materials be detected in a load it will result in future access being denied for that person or company, as well as possible legal action to recover costs.
17. It is your responsibility to remove any materials we do not accept and take those materials with you when you leave.
Courtesy Trailer Terms & Conditions
Using the Equipment
1. Each person using the trailer is an adult, who warrants to Greensill and Company Pty Ltd ACN 131 626 652 (‘Greensill & Co’) that they are able to safely use the trailer and they hold appropriate experience, licenses, and qualification.
2. The trailer is only to be used safely (using appropriate protective equipment), skillfully, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and for its intended purpose.
3. The trailer is not to be misused and is to be returned clean and in good working order.
4. Subject to law, use of the trailer is at your own risk and Greensill & Co is not liable for any damage or injury caused by the trailer.
5. You must not overload, modify, repair or change the trailer.
6. Subject to law, if the trailer breaks down, Greensill & Co’s liability will be limited to refunding your security deposit or providing a replacement trailer.
7. You must ensure that the trailer is only used for the intended purpose. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any booking where we suspect the trailer may be used for an illegal, anti-social, nuisance or political purpose.
8. Whilst Greensill & Co shall use their reasonable endeavours to ensure that the trailer is safe to use, we do not warrant that it will always remain safe to use whilst in your possession and you accept all damage and liability that may arise from your use of the trailer, whether to you or any other person or thing, even where it relates to Greensill & Co’s negligent act or omission.
9. Any speeding or other regulatory traffic offences or fines insured whilst the trailer is in your possession shall be your responsibility.
Ownership of the trailer will not pass to you.
- A security deposit of $100 is required at time of booking. This deposit is to be provided by card payment through our booking page. Please note that card deposit returns can take several days to process depending on your bank. Deposits cannot be accepted by cash.
- You will be charged for repair or replacement if the trailer is returned damaged. You authorise Greensill & Co to charge any, fines, repairs or replacement costs to your credit card.
- Greensill & Co is entitled to enter your premises, and you hereby consent, to recover the trailer or charge you the cost of the trailer if you don’t return it.
- You indemnify Greensill & Co for any costs, damages or claims arising from your use of the trailer in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The security deposit will be forfeited if returned more than 1 hour late.
- If trailer is not returned within 24 hours, legal action will be commenced by Greensill & Co and all recovery and legal costs will be sought against you.
Other Terms and Conditions
We require you to provide certain personal information, such as your name and contact details, and credit card details before we will hire any equipment to you. We collect and manage your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and will not disclose this to any other person unless required by law.
If you have any questions, email us at [email protected].
Keeping your personal information safe and secure is our priority.
Green Solutions Wide Bay and Greensill & Co are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it.
Collection of Personal Information
1. Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect about you includes:
- name, gender, date of birth and age;
- identification information, including signature, driver’s license number;
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
- vehicle number plate details;
- digital information, such as cookies (which are small data files transferred onto devices when a website or apps are accessed), tags and pixels (which ‘tag’ devices), software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website/app, data entered, and user activity such as links clicked app installations, app launches, adding items to a basket, and making purchases;
- financial information, including bank and credit card details;
- images from video surveillance and other cameras around our site (including in car parks, pick up areas and entrances);
- images from facial recognition software; and
- if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
We will usually collect personal information about you directly from you.
2. The main ways we collect personal information about you are:
- if you purchase or order a product from us;
- if you visit Green Solutions Wide Bay or if you contact us, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, or to attend an event;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to us;
- if you access our website;
- if you book a courtesy trailer;
- if you interact with us via social media platforms;
- if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
- via our security cameras or other cameras installed in our stores (including in car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
- if you undertake any of our induction, safety or compliance processes;
- if you use a loyalty membership or team member discount in connection with a transaction; or
- if you submit an employment application to us.
3. We may also collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources, including from Australian Government agencies (such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission), internet search platforms and social media platforms, such as Facebook;
- any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to us;
- anyone sharing information with us for loss prevention and/or law enforcement purposes;
- any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and
Use and disclosure of personal information
4. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business (including to provide products and services to.
5. We may use your personal information:
- to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
- to provide refunds;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- to personalise advertising and content displayed to you (including the layout and content of our website/apps, and advertisements displayed to you on or via third party websites, apps or platforms such as Facebook);
- to undertake product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
- to assist in determining your product or service preferences;
- to monitor customer traffic in our site and identify high traffic times;
- to assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection in our site (including car parks, pick up areas and entrances);
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
Security and Storage
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to us over the internet.
Questions and Complaints
If you have a question or complaint about this policy, our collection of your personal information or the way in which we deal with your personal information, this should be directed to Green Solutions Wide Bay ‘General Manager’ using the contact details set out under the heading “How to contact Green Solutions Wide Bay” below.
We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint. If you are not satisfied with our proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Our websites/apps may contain links to other websites/apps. If you access any third party website/app from our website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. We are not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website/app. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our website/apps and to read the privacy policies for every third party website/app that you access.
How to contact Green Solutions Wide Bay
You can contact us in writing or by email as set out below:
Green Solutions Wide Bay
417 Windermere Road
QUNABA QLD 4670
Email: [email protected]
Changes to this policy
We may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website and was last updated in February 2022.
+617 4304 8135
Monday to Friday 7am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4pm
417 Windermere Road, Qunaba, QLD 4670
417 Windermere Road, Qunaba, QLD 4670